Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Today

Emery went in for her 6 month check up. she weighs 17.3 lbs and is 27 inches tall! she got some shots and boy was she not happy about that. It breaks my heart how she just looked at me with tears rolling out of her eyes like "how the heck could you let them do this to me!" but hey it's worth her pain now so she doesn't get any crazy illness or disease later. As horrible as that may be to say i said it anyways.

I'm also beside myself today, i feel like i've lost something major to me and i have no idea why. All i know is that i don't like it. Maybe it's josh things creeping into my mind. But alas i shall be fine :) That's how i get to be. Because not being fine just isn't an option to me ever at least i don't let it be one anymore. Gotta be strong and just push forward and see all the beauty this world has. Like emery's amazing smile. Makes me cry sometimes when she just looks up at me and grins like she's just saying "mom you're amazing and i love you oh so very much" at least that's how i interprate it. :)

1 comment:

Elder Richey said...

I'm glad things got worked out and Emery had her 6 month visit. Shots are never fun. I have to bring Tim with me now when Owen and Eli get shots so that we have a comforter all ready for one babe while the other one is getting poked. My visit is the end of this month. I wonder if Owen and Emery will weigh about the same--I bet she's taller though.

I'm sorry that you had a hard day yesterday. For various reasons, I sometimes have those off days, too. They can be hard. The important thing is that you're recognizing that you feel sad and then you're choosing to concentrate on a source of happiness like Emery. When I have these sad days, I really try to concentrate on those sources of happiness, too.

Get that little porch garden planted that mom was talking about in the family letter. Tending a garden can be really healing. Remember, you are still healing from the loss of Josh and that's okay.

Love you!