Well things are going quite fantastically with the potty training. She's almost filled up her whole chart and has very few accidents (yesterday she pooped in her undies but hey...i'm just glad she pooped!) But beyond that she pee's in the toilet every time and she doesn't have night time accidents or nap time accidents which is super awesome! I'm really proud of her and how much of a trooper she's been during this.
I think it was such a better experience for us this time because my whole mind set had changed. I really let her be in control of what and how it was happening and i wasn't trying to force it on her if she had accidents it was ok and i wouldn't get mad. I think the reason for this is because i looked at her diapers as an addiction/habbit for her. A habbit that she had had for almost 4 years. Who am i to expect her to just be ok with giving up said habbit without having a difficult time. I understood how she was feeling in the sense that I was a smoker...when i found out i was pregnant with little guy i quit but it was hard...not so much the addiction to the ciggarette itself but to the habbit that went along with it. So i could relate to her and what she was going through and that i think gave me the patience and understanding i needed to have to finally get this done.
She only has about 4 or 5 more empty toilets on her potty chart and then we are going to go to jungle jims for her celebration! She's really excited to go here (it first was chuck e cheese then the zoo haha) since it is most like a carnival and she is obsessed with carnivals. And we got an unlimited rides pass for 5 bucks on ksl deals :) YAY
The other day after she was in the bathroom (i sit in the hallway accross from her until she's done) She came up to me and whispered something that i couldn't understand so i asked her "what" and she whispered again and i said "emery i can't hear or understand you" So very slowly and still whispering she looked me in the eyes and said "you're my best friend" My heart just melted and i wanted to cry. I just squeezed her super tight and told her she was my best friend too. Potty training really has brought us closer together maybe because she had been attatched at my hip for almost a week straight but im glad. She's such a joy in mine and justin's life and she has the silliest personality and the kindest soul.
As for how i'm doing with the pregnancy. I am surviving haha potty training was hard for me physically since i had to rush her to the toilet when she was having accidents stuff like that...I'm 32 weeks pregnant (hollllly hannah) We have pretty much all the esentials that we need. I'm still taking my anti nausia medicine otherwise i wouldn't be able to function at all. I'm super sore in my back and my abdomen and i can't wait for this baby to come. It's going to be wonderfull to have little man and start this next adventure :) Emery couldn't be more excited for baby brother to arive and she will be such a great helper and big sister to him. yay babies!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm so proud of you both. I've loved hearing the updates and I'm glad you blogged about it each day. I think you are a wonderful mom and I'm excited for the little man to join your family. You can bet I will brave the tortuous drive to Utah when he is born just so I can see him (and clean your house for you and probably make you dinner, too). I sure love all of you. Great job, Emery--have fun at Jungle Jims!
Post a Comment