Tuesday, January 12, 2010

3 whole years...

It's been 3 years today since i lost someone very very close to me. It's kind of crazy to look back at my life then and think about this day 3 years ago...and my emotions that were unbearable, the thought that he was gone was overwhelming my whole life seemed to be destroyed in one foul swoop. The phone call from the police officer while i was at work at my music store....the shock...and then the wall of disbelief until i just colapsed on the ground and just cried..then i called my dad...no answer so i called again and he answered and i just blurted it out inbetween my sobs. he came to get me...i often wonder what he thought as he was driving to the mall...i don't remember much after that. i dont' remember where we went or who i talked to after that. i think a part of my soul died that day...such a huge loss at a young age.
And then i think of my life now.
I have the most amazing little spirit of a daughter. Who is sooooo good to me as a mom. I have an awesome family both steps and not steps who are the most hilariously wonderful people. My life has recovered. I have recovered i see all of the blessings that i have and im greatful that im still here expieriencing the beauty of this world. Sure i have my hard days but their nothing like they once were, and for that i am greatful.
Just know that i love all of you and im glad your in my life!

4 comments:

Lexi said...

You're a great person, mother, friend, and cousin! I'm so sorry for your loss. Isn't it amazing though how blessed we are to have these sweet little spirits in our lives? What would we do without them?

Probably get more sleep. lol. But hey, gotta love em.

happytew said...

I'm so proud of you! You are doing GREAT!!! Keep going!!

Elder Richey said...

Ditto Lexi and Dad. I love you, Emma.

Anonymous said...

I love you my special girl. I'm glad you are still here.
Mom