I recently read an article on ksl about these things called splash pads. Cottonwood heights just got one in their brand new park: Mountainview Park. Splash pads are like little water toys that spray water all over etc etc. I decided to take little miss to see what she thought of it. She just had her tank top and shorts on and was running around but didn't want to really get wet. They had these 2 water blaster type things and little miss really wanted to play with them. She got close to one side and then this other little girl sprayed her with water...not on purpose(you have no control of how powerful the water is at any given time) Emery just happened to be in the line of fire. As i watch this all happen i think to myself "this shall be interesting" Emery freezes...thinks for but a moment and FREAKS. Comes hauling over as fast as her little legs will take her just bawling. Telling me all about how a little girl sprayed her head (sprinkles really). I told her that that was the whole point was to get wet, like sprinklers. Well after that she decided she just wanted to play on the regular park part so we did and she loved it.
 |
| Her before she got wet |
 |
| Her on the regular park toys :P |
Next time we go we will put her in her swimsuit and see if she feels better about getting wet.
Every wednesday they have story time at the library. I try to be good about going as I enjoy these and I know Emery does as well but we usually only make it once a month. We do go to the library quite often though, it's just usually later in the day when neither of us is rushed into getting ready :P Being pregnant makes me have no desire to get ready ever...She loves to play on the computers at the library. Everytime we go she always asks me if she can play on the computers. Basically she gets on this program and paints pictures. I just love watching her because she's just so dang smart and it's just fun.
Arent those the coolest keyboards you've ever seen??? The mouse even has water in it that's blue and theres a little island in it as well...sooo cool.
All in all it's been a pretty awesome summer so far. We get snowcones on a regular basis. I love them and so does she. We just sit in my car and she sits in the front seat with me and she feels so big. Don't worry she always goes right back into her carseat before i go anywhere :P
No comments:
Post a Comment