Tuesday, February 2, 2010

ALBUQUERQUE....not sure if i spelt it right...but you know what i mean

This past weekend Emery and I had the opportunity to go visit my mom down in Albuquerque. It was tons of fun. On saturday we had breakfast with her "friend" chuck at The Grove, and there was a bird flying around inside haha. He was a very nice man. Then we went over to the Aquarium which was awesome. We got to touch little sting rays and they felt really soft instead of slimy like i thought they would. Most of these pictures are from that day. Then we went and fed the Ducks and they were naughty ducks they'd come so close to us i got a little scared a few times. Emery just thought it was funny and was laughing. We then were just driving around and ended up on an indian reservation where my mom wanted to go in and get bread but i was a little scared. I'm a baby in places im not familiar with. Then we went to old town and found this freakin awesome retro toy store where all of the toys don't need batteries like the wind up chattering teeth and the wind up old robots the punching bozo the clown bag. I got a gumby and pokey doll for emery which i was pretty stoked about. Then on sunday we went to church, then the standard diner and then the childrens science museum which emery also loved. She got to play with water and lights and air all different sorts of things. It was really fun to watch her little brain going to work. She's such a smart little miss. We also saw a bunch of hot air balloons which albuquerque is known for. Then on monday we went on the TRAM! it was -15 degrees at the top because of the wind chill...but it was a really cool thing to go on. Emery was pretty stoked. We then tried to find me some boots but alas ran out of time and i had to go to the airport. sorry i know this is like a 5th grade writing level but hey whatever works :P Grandma and Emery at Gardunos mexican resturant, we were serinaded by a mariachi band.
Emery staring at the sting rays in the water.
Sea Horses...sorry it's blurry.
Freakin awesome jelly fish...sooo cool looking



More jellys



4 comments:

Elder Richey said...

For the record, I'm pretty sure you spelled it right :) It looks like you had a ton of fun and were able to pack a lot of cool things into such a short time--it looks like Emery had an awesome time on her girl weekend. I can't wait to visit mom in a few weeks--but I am really looking forward to going without the kidlets. I think my whole posse is going to go visit in October sometime, so maybe my boys can see all the cool stuff then. How was the flight? Was Emery a dream child again? I bet she was. You lucky duck.

Unknown said...

she was on the flight there she slept for most of it. but not so much on the flight home. She was just exhausted and she's still bein a grumpo and keeps waking up in the middle of the night which is joyus for me...not

Anonymous said...

Well I miss you both and if she were here I'd change her poopie diapers and get up in the night with her so you could sleep longer. I love you.

Andee said...

She might get addicted to the aquarium. Josh asks to go see the tinways (stingrays) about every day. :) I bet your mom was so thrilled to have you visit. You're such a good mommy. Love ya!